(WAVY) — Three Norwegian cruise ships have docked at Portsmouth Marine Terminal as their temporary home during the coronavirus outbreak.
The Port of Virginia is giving the ships a home because the cruise industry has temporarily suspended U.S. cruise operations.
The ships are the Bliss, Encore and Spirit and are empty except for crew. The crews are required to stay aboard their ships while they are on berth.
WAVY’s Drone 10 flew over Portsmouth Marine Terminal to get a bird’s eye view.
- Virginia Oct. 25 COVID-19 update: 999 new cases reported statewide, percent positivity rises in Hampton Roads
- Pope names 13 new cardinals, includes WDC Archbishop Gregory
- Blog: TD 28 Now Tropical Storm Zeta
- No. 11 Miami holds off Virginia 19-14, moves to 5-1
- Wake Forest beats No. 19 Virginia Tech 23-16