(WAVY) — Three Norwegian cruise ships have docked at Portsmouth Marine Terminal as their temporary home during the coronavirus outbreak.
The Port of Virginia is giving the ships a home because the cruise industry has temporarily suspended U.S. cruise operations.
The ships are the Bliss, Encore and Spirit and are empty except for crew. The crews are required to stay aboard their ships while they are on berth.
WAVY’s Drone 10 flew over Portsmouth Marine Terminal to get a bird’s eye view.
- Virginia August 7 COVID-19 update: Record 2,015 new cases reported, but health department attributes increase to data lag
- Newsfeed Now: Walmart attack caught on video; Obituary goes viral
- Former NY mayor dies, 2 others hospitalized in food processor explosion
- Man who shot Denver officer and escaped prison in 1974 arrested in New Mexico
- Texas woman blames Trump, ‘selfish’ people for husband’s death from COVID-19 in scathing obit