PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — There will be even more opportunities to get a COVID-19 shot in the coming weeks in Hampton Roads.
More mobile COVID-19 vaccination clinics are coming to both the Peninsula and Southside, and shots are resuming at Military Circle Mall.
The smaller mobile clinics are focused on helping underserved areas with more convenient access to the vaccine. They are using the Pfizer vaccine. Virginia Department of Health officials said there was a change from using Johnson & Johnson.
The vaccine is free (they’re free everywhere) and no appointments are necessary. Here are the upcoming clinics:
- Newport News June 21 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. Warwick Mobile Home Community 1 Commercial Pl.
- Norfolk June 21 9 a.m. to noon Titustown Rec Center parking lot 7545 Diven St.
- Norfolk June 21 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Chesterfield Academy 2915 Westminster Ave.
- Newport News June 22 9 a.m. to noon Macedonia Baptist Church 5500 Marshall Ave.
- Newport News June 22 1 p.m. to 5 pm. Trinity Lutheran Church 6807 Huntington Ave.
- Newport News June 23 9 a.m. to noon An Achievable Dream Tennis Center 1300 Ivy Ave.
- Hampton June 23 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Paradise Ocean Club 490 Fenwick Rd, Fort Monroe
- Chesapeake June 24 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Western Branch Community Center 4437 Portsmouth Blvd.
- Chesapeake June 24 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. South Norfolk Community Center 1217 Godwin Ave.
- Chesapeake June 25 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Bainbridge Commons 30 Grady St.
- Newport News June 26 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Circle Mobile Home Community 6029 Jefferson Ave.
- Chesapeake June 27 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Chesapeake City Park 900 City Park Dr.
The Virginia Department of Health says vaccines also will resume at Military Circle Mall on Tuesday, June 22 from 1:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., and continue weekly on Tuesdays (1:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.) and Thursdays (9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.) through the end of July. They may be extended, VDH says.
Walk-ins are accepted.
For any questions, please contact the Norfolk COVID-19 hotline: (757) 683-2745.