RIDE. RUN. WALK FOR THE CURE!
Tour de Cure: Hampton Roads is our local chapter of the American Diabetes Association's signature fundraising event. There are many roads, but there is only ONE purpose when you decide to ride, run or walk for the cure for diabetes. With strong support from you, the events on Saturday, April 27 raise funds for research, advocacy, programs and education. You can join team WAVY-TV 10 and WVBT FOX43 in any of the events this day. Our lifestyle correspondent Symone Davis will be your host throughout the morning in support of Tour de Cure: Hampton Roads. Every mile covered and every dollar raised brings us that much closer to a cure. Our goal is to include more people in our community to support those living with diabetes. We hope you’ll take your first step, or first pedal with us and register today at www.diabetes.org/hrtdc You can also register day of the event for $35.
Tour de Cure: Hampton Roads
Saturday, April 27
Suffolk Executive Airport
1200 Gene Bolton Drive, Suffolk, VA 23434
Ride: 100 mile check-in 6am, starts 7:30am, 62 mile check-in 6am, starts 7:30am, 30 mile check-in 7am, starts 8:30am, 12 mile check-in 7am, starts 9am.
Walk: 1 Mile Walk check-in 9am, starts 10am
Run: 5K Run check-in 9am, starts 10am
- Storms down trees, knock out power for thousands across the region
- The Latest: Forecasters confirm 4 tornadoes in Virginia
- New MacArthur Memorial exhibit tells story of special relationship from WWII
- Alexander says he's committed to bringing new arena to Norfolk
- Storms in South kill girl in Florida, bring tornado threat
- Larceny suspect wanted by Virginia Beach police
- NWS confirms tornado touched down near Smith Mountain Lake