HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — One man is dead and another man was sent to the hospital with life-threatening injuries following an overnight accident in Hampton.
Hampton Police say they received the call for the accident shortly after 1 a.m. Sunday in the 1400 block of West Queen Street.
The driver, identified as 29-year-old Hampton resident Antonio Raspberry, was pronounced dead on the scene and a second man was transported to a local hospital after sustaining life-threatening injuries.
Initial investigations led officers to believe the vehicle exited the roadway and collided with a concrete pillar.
Queen Street was closed for several hours from both directions from Salters Creek Road to Hampton High School following the crash.
- Louisville mayor: 2 officers shot are recovering
- Newsfeed Now: Protests across America: Battle over SCOTUS vacancy heats up
- Utility worker identified, killed in crash while helping restore power in Sally aftermath
- Dismay over Breonna Taylor spills into America’s streets
- Ohio family discovers family WWII heirloom tucked away in a box