DURHAM, N.C. (AP) – Cassius Stanley scored 21 points and made a season-high five 3-pointers to help No. 6 Duke beat Virginia Tech 88-64.
Matthew Hurt added 16 points and a season-high 10 rebounds for the Blue Devils (23-4, 13-3 Atlantic Coast Conference), who never trailed.
Duke opened the game with an 11-2 spurt that featured three 3-pointers in the first three minutes.
The Blue Devils scored on 10 of their first 12 possessions and later delivered a 19-4 run on their way to a 51-25 lead at halftime.
Vernon Carey Jr. scored 16 points and Tre Jones had 14 points for the Blue Devils.
Tyrece Radford scored 16 points to lead Virginia Tech (15-12, 6-10), which shot 37% from the field.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Despite ownership questions, Portsmouth councilman proposes moving forward with Confederate monument relocation
- Crewe, VA mayor withdraws request to take Richmond’s Confederate monuments
- ‘These officers were out protecting’: More than $33,000 raised for RPD cops injured in shootout
- Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation announces new COVID-19 operations update
- 8-year-old North Carolina girl dies after battling COVID-19