RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) – Reserve forward Jericole Hellems scored 16 points and sparked a second-half comeback to give N.C. State’s NCAA Tournament hopes a boost in a 77-73 win over Pittsburgh.
With N.C. State trailing 58-51, Hellems scored nine points in three minutes, including a 3-pointer from the baseline with 6:53 remaining that gave the Wolfpack its first lead of the game.
Pitt briefly regained the lead with two Eric Hamilton free throws, but the Wolfpack scored the next eight points to grab a seven-point lead and held on to win.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- ‘More white people locking arms with black people today … than I’ve ever seen’: Newport News pastor sees hope
- 1 displaced after fire on Queen Street in Portsmouth
- Minneapolis protester speaks about helping man who drove truck into demonstration
- Hundreds attend Black Lives Matter 757 peace rally and memorial
- 1 flown to hospital, another taken by ambulance, after crash in James City County