PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) – If you are a Portsmouth resident having trouble keeping up with your rent, mortgage and/or utility payments due to the coronavirus pandemic, the city may be able to help.
The Portsmouth COVID-19 Utility Assistance Program is providing limited financial assistance to eligible residents.
Assistance provided is for past due bills beginning March 1, 2020 through December 30, 2020.
To see if you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for this program, contact the Portsmouth Department of Social Services at 757-405-1800, ext. 8698 or 8662.
- Suspect wanted for robbery at 7-Eleven on Executive Dr. in Hampton
- Virginia Nov. 30 COVID-19 update: Hospitalizations in Va. at record levels, 1,893 cases and 4 new deaths reported
- Free coronavirus testing event Tuesday in Portsmouth
- LIVE: Supreme Court weighs Trump bid in census case
- Portion of NC 12 closed on Ocracoke due to overwash, Hatteras Ferry suspends service