AUSTIN (KXAN) — An organization is doing what it can to get personal protective equipment into the hands of front line medical workers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The group called Find The Masks launched an online interactive map to help people find the closest PPE donation site in every state.
In Hampton Roads, for example, there are currently more than a dozen locations.
The site specifically calls on construction workers, vets, scientists, and dentists as they are the most likely to have PPE such as N95 masks.
The site’s map allows users to enter their addresses and see exactly which donation sites are closest to them. Find The Mask asks that anyone donating masks from an open package place them inside a sealed bag before donating.
There is also a place for people who are looking for PPE to add a new donation site to the map.
- Prince William County Delegate Hala Ayala announces run for Lt. Governor of Virginia
- Pasquotank County commissioners vote to relocate Confederate monument in Elizabeth City
- Male wanted for stealing 12-pack of White Claw on July 4, police say
- Police looking for females accused of assaulting Papa Johns cashier with soda bottle
- More than 200 schools back lawsuit over foreign student rule