PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) - The following areas are reporting flooding throughout Virginia and North Carolina.
Chesapeake 9 a.m. update:
- Dock Landing Road between 1700 block and 2200 blocks Luther St.
- Cedar Rd at Bells Mill Rd
- Lincoln Street
- Outlaw Street
- Mains Creek Road
- Deepwater Dr. at Bells Mill Road
- Bainbridge Boulevard and Lakeside Park
- Freeman Avenue and Portlock Road
- Dominion Boulevard at Cedar Road
- Battlefield Boulevard north of Great Bridge Bridge
- Dominion Boulevard south of Steel Bridge
- Harbor Drive and Chincoteague Drive
- East Pembroke Avenue and River Street
- Riverdale (Charlton Drive, Wheatland Drive, Tidemill Lane)
- Wythe (around Indian Creek – Powhatan Parkway-Chesapeake Avenue, Harbor Drive, Chincoteague Dr., Pochin Place, Pocahontas Place and O'Canoe; also Wythe Parkway; and Victoria Boulevard by the city line)
- Fox Hill-Grandview (Bonita Drive, Beach Road, Grandview Drive, Grundland Drive; Old Buckroe &Fox Hill roads, Dandy Point Road at Beach, Harris Creek Road)
- Phoebus (Hope Street, Mellen Street, Willard Avenue, Virginia Avenue)
- Pasture Point-East Hampton (Pembroke Avenue, River Street, Myrtle Street, Holly Street, Marshall Street)
- Fort Monroe (McNair Avenue)
- Buckroe (First Street, Resort Boulevard, 5th Street, Tappan Aavenue, Seaboard Avenue)
- Coliseum Central (Armistead Avenue by the Home Depot to Pine Chapel Road)
- Merrimac Shores (Chesapeake Avenue and Catesby Jones Avenue)
- Downtown (Lincoln Street, Washington Street, Bridge Street, Syms Street)
- Near NASA (Wythe Creek at Crays Chapel Road)
- Willow Oaks (Harris Creek Road)
Isle of Wight County
- Kings Cove Way
- Rescue Road
- South Church Street at Cypress Creek Bridge
- Burdette Road
- Carrollton Boulevard near the James River Bridge.
- Hampton Boulevard and Lexan Avenue
- The Hague
Portsmouth 11:30 a.m. Update:
- Eastbound I-264 Exit 7A closed
- Frederick Blvd. between Portsmouth Blvd. and George Washington Hwy.
- Madison St. and Seventh St.
- Dinwiddie St. and North St.
- Caroline Ave. and Wyoming Ave.
- 4100 George Washington Hwy.
- Elm Ave. and Webster St.
- 5200 block of Johnson Ave.
- 700 block of North Main Street at the Kimberly Bridge
- 3900 block of Old Mill Road
- Wilroy Road from Progress Road to the 2300 block of Wilroy Road
- 200 block of East Constance Road from Katherine Street to North Main Street\
- Nansemond Parkway/Shoulders Hill Road intersection has one lane closed but the road remains passable.
- Indian Trail from Lake Cahoon Road to Lake Meade Drive is open. There is high water at the railroad trestle on Indian Trail. High water signs are in place and roadway is passable.
- 1300 to 1600 block of Buckhorn Drive from Deer Path Road to Indian Trail is closed.
- Lynnhaven Colony
- Bay Island
- Shore Drive from First Landing State Park to Pleasure House Rd.
Governor-elect Terry McAuliffe spent part of Wednesday in Hampton Roads, talking about the future of the region.
A man is facing attempted abduction charges after police said he tried to grab two juvenile girls and exposed himself.
A lawsuit has been filed on behalf of more than 2,000 EMTs and paramedics who were abruptly laid off over the weekend.