HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WAVY) - The threat of severe weather has forced closings or cancelations in the area.
- Bethel High School's graduation will continue at the Coliseum, however, the doors will open early at 5:30 p.m. for anyone wanting to avoid the weather. Because of high winds, it may not be televised live, but it will be taped.
Fort Monroe's Music by the Bay Concert is canceled for tonight.
James City County
All JCC county offices are closing one hour early due to the impending severe weather.
- Town Hall meeting scheduled for tonight canceled.
- The Citizen Flood Awareness Informational Meeting has been rescheduled for June 20 from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Titustown Recreational Center.
- NSU closing at 5 p.m. Classes canceled at 6 p.m.
- One lane on each of the northbound and southbound routes of Bennett's pasture Road in Suffolk are closed for Dominion Virginia Power crews to work on downed power lines. The street is closed at 304 Capitol Street for the same reason.
- Boardwalk Art Show with close early at 5 p.m.
- First Colonial High School Graduation Ceremony postponed until 8:30 p.m. (students should report to the Convention Center by 7:45 p.m.
- York River Academy's graduation ceremony for Thursday at 6 p.m. has been postponed to Saturday, June 14 at 2 p.m. in the middle school auditorium.
The Portsmouth City Council has set a public hearing for Tuesday, Dec. 17, to talk about a plan to bring a casino to the city.
The North Carolina Department of Transportation said work to secure the Bonner Bridge could take anywhere from a week to 90 days.
WAVY News 10's Andy Fox sat down with outgoing Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell for a one-on-one interview.