HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WAVY) - The threat of severe weather has forced closings or cancelations in the area.
- Bethel High School's graduation will continue at the Coliseum, however, the doors will open early at 5:30 p.m. for anyone wanting to avoid the weather. Because of high winds, it may not be televised live, but it will be taped.
Fort Monroe's Music by the Bay Concert is canceled for tonight.
James City County
All JCC county offices are closing one hour early due to the impending severe weather.
- Town Hall meeting scheduled for tonight canceled.
- The Citizen Flood Awareness Informational Meeting has been rescheduled for June 20 from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Titustown Recreational Center.
- NSU closing at 5 p.m. Classes canceled at 6 p.m.
- One lane on each of the northbound and southbound routes of Bennett's pasture Road in Suffolk are closed for Dominion Virginia Power crews to work on downed power lines. The street is closed at 304 Capitol Street for the same reason.
- Boardwalk Art Show with close early at 5 p.m.
- First Colonial High School Graduation Ceremony postponed until 8:30 p.m. (students should report to the Convention Center by 7:45 p.m.
- York River Academy's graduation ceremony for Thursday at 6 p.m. has been postponed to Saturday, June 14 at 2 p.m. in the middle school auditorium.
Charges have been made in a domestic abuse investigation involving a 74-year-old woman in Elizabeth City.
Witnesses tell WAVY.com the attack of a shopper was the cause of a heavy police presence at the Ross department store at Military Circle in Norfolk Wednesday night.
Drivers traveling between Hatteras Island and the mainland were forced to use an emergency ferry Wednesday, following the sudden closure of the Bonner Bridge Tuesday.