WASHINGTON, D.C. - Four military families will point fingers at the government Thursday morning in Washington, D.C.
According to a news release from an attorney, three families of Navy SEAL Team Six servicemen and one family of an Army National Guardsman claim the president, vice president and other military leaders played a role in the helicopter crash that killed 31 service members in Afghanistan on August 6, 2011.
The release states retired military experts will accompany the families to the news conference and will verify accounts of how and why the government played as much of a role as the Taliban, who claimed they shot the Chinook helicopter down.
The families' attorney released the following topics the news conference will cover:
- "How President Obama and Vice President Biden, having disclosed on May 4, 2011, that Navy Seal Team VI carried out the successful raid on Bin Laden's compound resulting in the master terrorist's death, put a retaliatory target on the backs of the fallen heroes."
- "How and why high-level military officials sent these Navy SEAL Team VI heroes into battle without special operations aviation and proper air support."
- "How and why middle-level military brass carries out too many ill-prepared missions to boost their standing with top-level military brass and the Commander-in-Chief in order that they can be promoted."
- "How the military restricts special operations servicemen and others from engaging in timely return fire when fired upon by the Taliban and other terrorist groups and interests, thus jeopardizing the servicemen's lives."
- "How and why the denial of requested pre-assault fire may have contributed to the shoot down of the Navy SEAL Team VI helicopter and the death of these special operations servicemen."
- "How Afghani forces accompanying the Navy SEAL Team VI servicemen on the helicopter were not properly vetted and how they possibly disclosed classified information to the Taliban about the mission, resulting in the shoot down of the helicopter."
- "How military brass, while prohibiting any mention of a Judeo-Christian God, invited a Muslim cleric to the funeral for the fallen Navy SEAL Team VI heroes who disparaged in Arabic the memory of these servicemen by damning them as infidels to Allah. A video of the Muslim cleric's "prayer" will be shown with a certified translation."
"This press conference takes on special significance given that our government has over the last twelve years since September 11th committed brave American servicemen to wars in Iraq and Afghanistan that, in large part as a result of politics, were poorly conceived of and implemented, resulting in the deaths of thousands and the maiming of tens of thousands of our brave heroes. To make matters even worse, America has effectively lost these wars," said attorney Larry Klayman.
The news conference will take place at 10 a.m. at the National Press Club (Holeman Lounge).
Governor Bob McDonnell has set the date for a special election for Virginia's 6th District senate seat.
An plane landing at Newport News-Williamsburg International Airport experienced mechanical difficulties Friday afternoon.
Virginia Beach police are investigating items found in an Oceanfront hotel room consistent with manufacturing narcotics Friday.