VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) - Officials say three people were displaced following a kitchen fire at a Virginia Beach home Thursday.
According to Daryl Funaiock with the Virginia Beach Fire Department, crews were called out to the 700 block of Cottonwood Court just after 4 p.m. for a single family residence fire.
Funaiock said the cause was an accidental kitchen fire, and two adults and a child were displaced by it.
There were no injuries and the fire was contained in under 15 minutes.
After giving money to a landowner for a new construction project, VDOT says the amount it paid wasn't right. They are now asking a Virginia Beach couple to cough up $160,000.
Governor-elect Terry McAuliffe spent part of Wednesday in Hampton Roads, talking about the future of the region.
A man is facing attempted abduction charges after police said he tried to grab two juvenile girls and exposed himself.