VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) - An electrical fire that started because of an overloaded outlet displaced five people Saturday afternoon.
Fire crews responded to the 900 block of La Tierra Court in the Lagomar neighborhood of Virginia Beach for reports of a house fire.
When firefighters arrived they found an upstairs bedroom in a two-story home on fire. Crews were able to quickly bring the fire under control.
The fire was contained to the upstairs bedroom but caused smoke damage throughout the upstairs.
No injuries reported.
A fire department spokesman tells WAVY.com five people who lived at the home were displaced, but did not require assistance from the Red Cross.
A man is facing attempted abduction charges after police said he tried to grab two juvenile girls and exposed himself.
A lawsuit has been filed on behalf of more than 2,000 EMTs and paramedics who were abruptly laid off over the weekend.
The Portsmouth City Council has set a public hearing for Tuesday, Dec. 17, to talk about a plan to bring a casino to the city.