PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) - Officials say no one was injured in a fire that started in a Portsmouth home's kitchen Tuesday evening.
According to Chief Mike Stockton with the Portsmouth Police Department, crews responded to the 1900 block of Redgate Drive for a house fire. One person was home at the time but was not injured.
The fire started in the home's kitchen and took 20 minutes to control.
Two dogs were rescued from a house fire in Portsmouth Friday afternoon.
The Marines have announced the Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point Air Show has been canceled for 2014.
Virginia State Police has rolled out a new mobile app to help combat crime.