PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) - Officials say a space heater is to blame for a house fire in Portsmouth Monday morning.
Crews were dispatched to the 30th block of Hobson Street just before 9:30 a.m.
According to Chief Jim Hoffler with the Portsmouth Fire Department, the cause of the fire was due to a space heater being plugged into a power strip.
All occupants of the two-story home got out of the home safely, and two displaced residents are being assisted by the American Red Cross.
Gov. Bob McDonnell's biennial state budget provides funding for operations and management of historic Fort Monroe.
A student at Old Dominion University was arrested Thursday and charged with filing a false report. Police say he lied about being robbed.
Police and fire crews are investigating a report of items found in a motel room consistent with manufacturing narcotics Friday.