NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) - The case against four teens accused of assaulting two Virginian-Pilot reporters is on hold, at least until July.
The accused teens left Norfolk Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court Wednesday morning after learning they would have to wait until July 25 for their trial.
"The amount of evidence and witnesses not being together enough for it to be tried today, so we were alerted in advance to a possibility for it to be continued and I wasn't surprised it was," said Attorney Bruce Sams who is representing one of the teens. "My client says he's innocent and I stand by that."
Two Virginian-Pilot reporters say they were attacked on a Saturday night back in April at a red light at Church Street and Brambleton Avenue.
It started with someone throwing a rock at Dave Forster's car. When he got out to see why, Forster says he was attacked.
"I'm thinking at some point someone is going to intervene someone is going to stop by but it didn't happen," Forster previously said.
"I certainly can't say what happened at that point or what did not happen on that day on April the 14th all I can say is my client indicated that he was not part of any incident that took place at that time and he didn't assault anybody," said Sams.
A spokesperson with the Commonwealth Attorney's Office said it's possible the judge will not allow the media into the trial when it gets underway because the defendants are teens charged with a misdemeanor.
A portion of Dominion Boulevard in Chesapeake is shut down as part of an emergency closure.
A horse that was reported missing in Elizabeth City has been found dead.
Newport News Police need help solving a robbery.