NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) - A Norfolk fire victim managed to escape from a burning townhome Thursday.
Norfolk fire units arrived to the scene at 925 Madison Avenue just before noon to find smoke showing from the first floor of the two-story building.
According to Bat. Chief Julian Williamson, the fire was mostly contained to the first floor of the two-story townhome, though the second floor suffered smoke damage.
There was one person inside the home when the fire started. That person escaped uninjured, Capt. Williamson said. Three adults and one child were displaced.
The cause of the fire has been determined to be unattended cooking.
A Chesapeake music teacher could rub elbows with celebrities and bring home a Grammy next year.
A Suffolk man told police a 3 ton HVAC system was stolen from his property sometime last week.
A Newport News mother was arrested in York County for drug charges while she was with her children, according to the York-Poquoson Sheriff's Office.