NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) - Norfolk City Council members approved the Food Truck Ordinance Tuesday night, according to Lori Crouch with the City of Norfolk.
The ordinance opens six spots for food trucks downtown, which will be divided through a lottery system.
The City recommended the following designated metered parking spaces be used for food trucks:
- On Granby Street north of Brambleton Avenue - two spaces
- At the intersection of Granby and Freemason Street - two spaces
- Plume Street at MacArthur Square - one space
- Bank Street near MacArthur Square - one space
- Plume Street Fountain Park
The trucks will operate between 8 a.m. and midnight Sundays, 6 a.m. and midnight Monday through Thursday, 6 a.m. and 2 a.m. Friday evenings and 8 a.m. and 2 a.m. Saturdays.
Norfolk Police are investigating the cause of death for male found unconscious on the beach.
KelsKids and Team River Runners Virginia Beach joined forces to help kids with disabilities and wounded veterans. They had a day of fun in the pool at Virgina Wesleyan College.
Newport News Police have arrested a man officers say drove into the wall of a car wash not once, but twice, and they're thanking WAVY for helping.