HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) - Many wishing to enroll in the Affordable Healthcare Marketplace and learn more about the Affordable Health Care Act will have two chances to do so in Hampton.
Healthcare Marketing Outreach, Urban League of Hampton Roads and other agencies are hosting events at Boo Williams Sportsplex located at 5 Armistead Avenue Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Attendees will be able to enroll in the marketplace, get updates on Medicaid and Medicare programs and look at job opportunities, among other things.
The event is free and open to the public.
Tuesday, October 1:
- 10 a.m. - Ribbon Cutting for Open Enrollment Press Conference
- 11 a.m. - Medicare/Medicaid & Healthcare updates - Hampton Department of Social Services
- 12 p.m. - Reinventing yourself in Healthcare- Discussion on healthcare jobs & education – Book Author & Columnist Wil LaVeist
- 1 p.m.- Building a Better Life – Housing & Education updates- Edith White- CEO, Urban League of Hampton Roads
Saturday, October 5:
- 10 a.m. – Zumba Class with instructor Alexis Perkins
- 11 a.m. - Joanne Grossi, Regional Director for the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services will present the Affordable Healthcare plan
- 12 p.m. - Reinventing yourself in Healthcare- Discussion on healthcare jobs & education
- 1 p.m. - Medicare/Medicaid & Healthcare updates - Hampton Department of Social Services
- 2 p.m.- Building a Better Life – Housing & Education updates- Edith White- CEO, Urban League of Hampton Roads
The first 100 people that enroll in a health care plan will receive and “I’m Covered” t-shirt.
Norfolk Police are investigating the cause of death for male found unconscious on the beach.
A Virginia Beach pizza chain was robbed Sunday night.
The organizer of a 5K that never happened was sentenced to 30 days in jail for taking money from hopeful racers.