HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WAVY) - Several localities across the viewing area will take place in a Drug Take Back Day in order to help dispose of old and unused medication.
In conjunction with the National Take Back Day, several law enforcement agencies will be on hand from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. to collect those unused medications for destruction. The drug take backs will occur at the following locations:
- Hampton – Lobby of the Sentara CarePlex Hospital located at 3000 Coliseum Dr.
- Williamsburg – Police headquarters at 425 Armistead Ave.
- York County – York-Poquoson Sheriff's Office D.A.R.E. Office at 5338-D George Washington Memorial Hwy.
- Portsmouth – Police Headquarters at 711 Crawford St., Fire Station #3 at 4001 Rivershore Rd. and Crime Prevention Office at 45 Afton Pkwy.
- Isle of Wight – Lobby at 17110 Monument Circle.
- Virginia Beach – Second Precinct at 820 Virginia Beach Blvd., Third Precinct at 926 Independence Blvd. and Fourth Precinct at 840 Kempsville Rd.
- James City County – James City County Recreation Center
The event is free and open to the public and all who show up can remain anonymous. Drugs will be taken and disposed of – no questions asked.
For more information, visit the Department of Justice's Office of Diversion Control's website by clicking here .
Police and fire crews are investigating a report of items found in a motel room consistent with manufacturing narcotics Friday.
North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory toured the Bonner Bridge area Friday morning after officials shut it down due to safety concerns.
A 24-year-old man is accused of fleeing as troopers tried to initiate a traffic stop in Hampton Friday.