CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) - A Chesapeake school bus was heavily damaged in a fire. Fortunately, there was no one on board at the time.
Shortly after midnight Thursday, an electrical wire shorted aboard the bus then ignited, according to Chesapeake School Spokesperson Tom Cupitt. The bus was parked on Sparrow Road near the intermediate school at the time.
There were no injuries.
Hampton Fire units arrived at the scene of a residential fire in the 3800 block of Shell Road just after 6 p.m.
One person was able to get out of a Newport News house safely after police say a man fired a gun.
A Virginia Beach woman admitted to inappropriate sexual contact with teenage boys.