PASQUOTANK COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) - A major warrant operation in Pasquotank resulted in arrests of more than 100 violent suspects.
WAVY.com attended a press conference Thursday in Elizabeth City, where members from various law enforcement agencies, including the U.S. Marshals spoke about Operation Tightrope. 120 suspects were taken off the streets in the warrant roundup.
Officials from U.S. Marshals Service Violent Fugitive Task Force, Elizabeth City Police Department, Pasquotank County Sheriff's Office, N.C. Alcohol Law Enforcement, N.C. Division of Community Corrections, N.C. State Bureau of Investigation and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives worked together for the operation, which began in the early morning hours Tuesday.
The warrants included assault, narcotics violations, larceny, weapons offenses, probation violation and fraud.
Some of those arrested include the following:
- Cory Christopher Revelle, 28, for discharging a firearm into an occupied property, assault with intent to kill inflicting serious injury and probation violation.
- Melvin Sutton, 43, for felony possession of cocaine
- Holly Marie Higgins, 32, assault inflicting serious injury, resisting arrest and probation violation
- Osman Martinez, 37, assault by strangulation
- Javona Marie Jones, 26, felony probation violation
During the press conference, officials said the operation stemmed in response to a series of shootings in the Elizabeth City area.
Norfolk Police are investigating the cause of death for male found unconscious on the beach.
Suffolk police are looking for a man and a woman they say robbed a Kangaroo Express gas station on Wilroy Road Sunday afternoon.
The art of making jewelry is helping some Norfolk students learn independence and job skills.