You may be owed money and not even know it.
According to CNN Money, federal, state and other agencies have more than $58 billion in unclaimed property. Some common types of unclaimed property include, bank accounts and safe deposit box contents, stocks and bonds, uncashed checks, insurance policies and utility deposits.
It is simple to find out if any of it is yours. Click on these links below:
- State unclaimed property: Visit unclaimed.org
- Virginia's click and claim website
- North Carolina Claim Your NC Cash website
- U.S. Savings bonds: Search the database at treasuryhunt.gov.
- Pensions: Visit the online search directory .
- Tax refunds: Visit the IRS's Where's my refund? tool.
HazMat crews have identified the material on a derailed train in Norfolk as cement. Traffic is being redirected at East Princess Anne and Ingleside roads.
A portion of Dominion Boulevard in Chesapeake is shut down as part of an emergency closure.
A horse that was reported missing in Elizabeth City has been found dead.