PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) - This is YAAA!'s second annual Black-Tie Bowling event.
Last year the event raised nearly $20,000 and sold out.
- Every 68 seconds, someone in America develops Alzheimer's disease. By 2050, it will be every 33 seconds.
- In the United States, an estimated 5.4 million people are living with Alzheimer's disease.
- At least 1 out of 7 with Alzheimer's live alone and as many as half of those people have no identifiable caregiver.
- Myth: Alzheimer's is not fatal. Truth: Alzheimer's disease is the sixth-leading cause of death in the US.
- The cost of caring for patients with dementias is $200 billion & projected to increase to $1.1 trillion a year by 2050.
2nd Annual YAAA! For a Cure Black Tie Bowling
Benefits Alzheimer's Association
Saturday, April 14
AMF Chesapeake Lanes
Call 800.272.3900 or click here for more information.
Police say a 2-year-old and a 23-year-old Navy sailor based in Virginia were killed in a crash on Interstate 64 in southern Indiana near Corydon.
Winter's bone chilling temperatures can wreak havoc at your home, sometimes leading to frozen pipes.
A pet adoption discount is helping animals in Hampton Roads find new homes.