PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) - Accidents happen and ever since there have been automobiles there have been automobile crashes. So what should you do if you're involved in a car accident?
1) Stop and make sure nobody is seriously injured
- Check you and your passengers
- Check any other vehicle for injured people
- Do not comment on the accident
2)Call the police, every time
- Many times the at fault party will say police are not necessary.
3) Gather Facts
- Get the name, address and telephone number of everybody. Drivers, passengers and witnesses.
4) Seek medical attention if you have any pain, especially if you had prior injuries or conditions
5) Contact a lawyer for free legal advice.
Get a copy of Kalfus & Nachman's "In Case of an Auto Accident" brochure and put it in your glove box. Download the free smartphone app from iTunes or Google Play. With the app you can call 911, locate the nearest hospital, capture accident data, (time, location, witnesses, insurance information, take photos, video, audio recordings.) Press a button and it all gets uploaded to the firm.
Kalfus & Nachman
Charges have been made in a domestic abuse investigation involving a 74-year-old woman in Elizabeth City.
Witnesses tell WAVY.com the attack of a shopper was the cause of a heavy police presence at the Ross department store at Military Circle in Norfolk Wednesday night.
Drivers traveling between Hatteras Island and the mainland were forced to use an emergency ferry Wednesday, following the sudden closure of the Bonner Bridge Tuesday.