PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) - Several big retailers in the area are offering big deals for Black Friday and beyond.
The following retailers are offering deals for the biggest shopping day of the year:
- Best Buy – Offering deals on cameras, appliances, movies and more.
- Dick's Sporting Goods – Offering deals on apparel, outdoor goods and more.
- J.C. Penney – Offering deals on apparel, jewelry and home goods.
- Kmart – Offering deals on apparel, bed and bath and more.
- Kohl's – Offering deals on apparel, home goods and more.
- Lowe's – Offering deals on appliances, electronics and more.
- Macy's – Offering deals on apparel, home goods and jewelry.
- Sears – Offering deals on apparel, electronics and more.
- Target – Offering deals on apparel, movies and electronics.
- Toys R Us – Offering deals on toys, apparel and movies.
- Walmart – Offering deals on apparel, electronics and more.
- Amazon.com – Offering deals on electronics, apparel, movies and more.
In addition to Black Friday, American Express is sponsoring Small Business Saturday, where customers are encouraged to shop at their local, small businesses instead of the large chain retailers.
American Express cardholders will be credited a one-time $25 if they make a purchase of $25 or more at a participating small business. For more information and to find out which stores near you are participating, click here .
Camden County Sheriff Tony Perry said that during the last two weeks, incidents of breaking and entering and home or vehicle larceny have increased in two areas of the county.
A Facebook post helped Elizabeth City Police identify and locate the suspect of a hit-and-run incident involving a 3-year-old this week.
As Newport News Fire Chief Scott Liebold plans to retire at the end of this month, the city is looking for his replacement -- and they want your help.