Watch the latest warnings and advisories on WAVY News 10 and WAVY.com.
If you decide to stay home:
- Go to an interior room away from windows. This area should be determined and prepped beforehand.
- Fill sinks, bathtubs, buckets, and even pitchers full of water for sanitary use. If power goes out for a long period of time, you may lose your water supply.
- Be mindful of the eye of the hurricane passing overhead. The weather may clear up briefly as it passes.
- However, do not venture outside as the winds may pick up again.
If you decide to evacuate:
- Make sure you have plenty of gas in your vehicle ahead of time.
- You will need cash. Many ATMs may be out of service.
- Take disaster supplies with you. Remember, you may be stuck in traffic for a long time.
- Make sure you bring a cell phone and charger/car adapter.
- Carry all valuables and important documents in a waterproof container.
- If you are traveling with pets, be sure they have necessary supplies/
- If you are outside the WAVY-TV 10 viewing area, log on to WAVY.com for complete coverage and status reports.