BayPort Credit Union Human Resource Specialist Dawn Hicks …
Marilyn Lamb from BayPort Credit Union showed us how to track …
We talked with Chris Jones from BayPort Credit Union about the…
BayPort Credit Union Audit Manager Dan Elston was on the show …
Updated: Wednesday, 01 Aug 2012, 1:24 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 01 Aug 2012, 1:24 PM EDT
PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) - Are you or your child headed off to college in the fall?
There are just a few weeks before the semester starts and smart money management tools from BayPort Credit Union are the first things you should unpack.
Member Service Representative Lindsay Evans stopped by to tell us more.
Back to School: College Bound (returning or heading off to college)?
Most financial institution has free or discounted accounts for students
Try to pick a financial institution for your college student that has a
- low or no minimum balance,
- no fees,
- online services; mobile access,
- excellent interest rate
If you can, make sure the financial institution provides branch or service centers locations near campus, for those kids off to college. This will ensure that your kids have access to their money.
BayPort Credit Union College and Career Account (ages 18-24) offers:
- Fast Start Saving - earn as much as 5.0% APY
- College & Career Rewards Checking
- $25 minimum opening deposit or direct deposit enrollment
- First box of checks FREE
- Earn ScoreCard® Bonus Points with MasterCard® Debit Card transactions; 1 pt for every $3
- 5 non-proprietary ATM network fees waived per month
- Overdraft options
- eStatements (instead of mailed to home address.)
- One "Free Pass" NSF or overdraft refund per calendar year (checks only)
- Student VISA
- 1500 ScoreCard® Bonus Points at time of opening; earn 1 pt for each $1
- No Annual Fees
- Online access to your credit card history and statements
- Low Competitive Rates*
- Additional Classic VISA® benefits include; Access to ATMs worldwide & $250,000 Travel Accident Insurance
- FREE & Easy Account Access
- Helpful Website for ATM/Branch Location; plus other information
- iPad & iPhone Apps for mobile access
- Android App for mobile access
- eBranch Online Account Access
- eGO Mobile and Text
- eDeposit AnyWhere lets you make deposits using a standard scanner
- MasterCard® Debit Card for purchase and ATM transaction
- Credit Union Service Centers allows you to perform transactions just as if they were in their home credit union
You can always stop by any of the 14 BayPort Credit Union locations across Hampton Roads.
Opinions that are derogatory, attack other users or are offensive in nature may be removed. WAVY is not responsible for the content posted in this comment section. We reserve the right to remove any offensive or off-topic remark or thread. To mark a comment for review by a moderator, click "Flag as inappropriate."